Well my first full week back at work and I loved every second of it, not only was I up to my normal daytime activities of walking/pet sitting and 1-2-1 training but classes started up again this week. After a month away from classes all those returning dogs did amazingly well. I then had two brand new classes start up with lots of new dogs and owners to meet.
I got to meet some new dogs and owners who are in need of daytime services like walking. I am happy arrange a meet and greet with you and your dog at a time to suit where we can both meet and discuss your needs, which of course is free of charge.
I have also arranged a date for the first workshop of the year. So if anyone is interested in attending the clicker workshop it will be held on Wednesday 27th January in Rusper. Please email me at [email protected]
for full details.
I have also found a suitable first aid course which I will be attending in February. This is a one day course to learn all of the below so that should the need arise I will be there to care for your dog in the best way I can.
- Managing cuts and bleeding
- Different types of wound management i.e. puncture, cut, grazes
- Stings and (snake) bites
- Ticks and their safe removal
- Epilepsy and management during a fit
- Soft tissue and muscular injury
- Hyperthermia and managing ‘overheating’
- Identifying symptoms; bloat, choking, fractures
- Checking vital signs – pulse, respiration
- Supporting/carrying and isolating injury i.e. fracture management
- CPR (Cardio-Respiratory Resuscitation)
- Electrocution and drowning
Well with a very full week over I am now off to enjoy the weekend with some agility training for me and my dogs.